Hey Curvy Girls,
I’m the first to admit that I can easily be swayed to not workout, but that leads to one day of not working out to a couple of weeks and now, I’m in a workout rut. Yes, a rut, where it’s hard to get going again and everything can distract you from getting back into your workout routine.
Funny story, I love going to the gym, it’s something about seeing other people working out that motivates me, however, I live about 17 miles from where I work and I’ve been blessed to have my mom take care of my two dogs when I go. Recently, my mom started working again, which means the dogs now go to work with me. Of course having the dogs stops me from going to the gym…well sort of. I don’t want to leave the dogs in my office, while I go workout so I drive back home. And you know once a girl has made it into the house, it’s a wrap. Now I could just throw on my clothes and go, but I’m in a rut and will talk myself out of going. But, I’ve recently found my way out of the workout rut and I want share 5 ways to get you out of your workout rut.
- Change up your workout routine. If you are like most people, you have a routine that you stick with but changing up it can help bring some excitement back into your workout. Also, changing the routine can work new muscle groups which can in turn take you past the plateau. Personally, taking a gym class and walking a couple of miles on the treadmill is my routine, but I recently started walking a path at the beach and it’s been a nice change of my routine as well as a beautiful view.
- Set New Goals. Setting goals gives you something to strive for daily. I hate going to for weight, but what personally works for me is clothing size. Because I love cardio but I lift weights as well, looking for a smaller clothing size is better because lifting builds muscle which is heavier than fat, so the scale may not change but I will see a difference in how my clothing fits. So, maybe try setting a clothing goal. My current goal is to fit into size 18, which is two sizes smaller than what I’m currently wearing and I know that I can do it!
- Up the Ante on your Playlist. Reinvigorate your workout with some new music. You ever notice how you move faster when a certain songs comes on? Find those songs and add them to your playlist! Listening to music keeps you motivated during your workout. I recently added some fun, ratchet music…don’t judge me…lol
- Get a New Workout outfit or new shoes. I know this sounds crazy, but when you are wearing something new, you want to go out and let the world see you. It’s the same for workout gear, it gets you into the gym or out to the park to get active but look cute. We probably all would hate to admit it, but we have a little vanity within us. So, let this vanity push you and get you out of your workout rut.
- Track your Activity. Stats show that when you track your food and fitness, it helps with weight loss and weight management. There are plenty of apps that help with tracking, or you can download my Fitness Printable by signing up here. They are a great tool for looking at what worked in previous weeks and just keeping up with your goals.
These easy tips will help you get you active and motivated. Living a healthy lifestyle is important for your health, so I pray that these tips will be useful.
Do you have tips that have worked for you?
Share with us, using #ThisCurvyGirlsFitness or tag us at @CurvyGirlsLife.
This Curvy Girl