With Thanksgiving over, we are officially in Christmas Holiday mode. What better way than to cuddle up with the one you love, then with S’mores Hot Chocolate. Let the hustle and bustle of life just melt away while you, pop in your favorite movie, grab your favorite blanket and your cuddle buddy and just let the winter weather outside relax you.
The S’mores Hot Chocolate taste delicious and can be modified for a sweeter or less sweet taste. It’s the perfect drink for the season and it’s really easy to make. I hope that everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, and I hope that you enjoy making this amazing Hot Chocolate during the holidays!
What is your favorite Cuddle Up drink for the holiday season?
S’mores Hot Chocolate Recipe
2 cups milk, any kind (I used whole milk)
1 cup water (or you can 3 cups of milk instead of 2 cups)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp Chocolate syrup
2 Tbsp sugar, plus 1-2 Tbsp more to taste
Pinch of salt
Graham crackers, crushed (lining rim)
1/2 cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven on low broil setting and move oven rack high enough to broil your marshmallows. Place baking sheet on rack.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and water over medium until heated through – roughly about 5 minutes. Careful not to overheat or scald.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar, salt and whisk vigorously until combined.
- Take a few marshmallows and rub them around the rim of the mugs. Then dip the mug in the graham cracker crumbs to line the rim.
- Pour in hot chocolate and top with 1/4 cup marshmallows each. Place the mugs on baking sheet carefully and broil until the marshmallows are browned. Be careful not to burn.
- Carefully remove the mugs from the oven with an oven mitt or towel. I recommend using a a small towel or allowing the mugs to cool down before handling as the handle will be hot. Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs to serve.