Hey Curvy Girly’s!!!
I’m back with one of my all time favorite recipes. When I was catering a few years ago, I would stop by offices in the neighborhood with mini Chicken Tarragon Sandwiches on a croissant. I can definitely say, these delicious treats were able to get me many jobs!
I love this Chicken Salad because you have the sweetness from the apples and raisins, but then you also have the savoriness chicken and tarragon. My family and friends love it and kids enjoy it too. Not only is it super simple to put together but it also packs a flavorful punch. I personally cube the chicken and apples to be the same size, so you get these great bites of sweet and savory.
I always put these sandwiches on croissants because the butteriness plays well with the sandwich, but you can also use sourdough or even wrap it in a tortilla shell. I’ve even scooped some up using a cracker.
If you are looking for a little different flair to your chicken salad, try this amazingly delicious sandwich. You’ll love it!
Tip: When cooking the chicken add the unused portions of the celery, green onions and tarragon stems to the water while the chicken cooks. It helps to give the chicken great flavor.
Chicken Tarragon Salad Recipe:(Makes 6-8 Sandwiches on Croissants)
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Celery, small dice
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Fiji Apple, small dice
- 1/2 c. Golden Raisins
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c. Tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 c. to 1 c. Mayonnaise (Use more or less depending on how wet or dry you like your salad)
- Place Chicken breast in one layer in a pan, cover with water or broth.
- Bring to boil and let sit for 45 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Cool but do not refrigerate until after you toss with dressing
- Cut chicken breast in small cubes and combine with the remaining ingredients.
This Curvy Girl