There are two things in my life that remain a constant. Flare jeans and Friendships. Flare jeans have been a staple in my closet for as long as I can remember. To be honest, I don’t recall a time that I haven’t owned a pair of flares since high school. They always come back in trend and never seem to go out of style. This fall season has brought back the 70’s look and we all know that flare jeans are the epitome of a perfect 70’s fashion diva.
Friendships are highly important to me. Probably having a lot to do with the fact that I’m an only child, so my friends become my siblings. Most of my friendships are 10+ years old and I wouldn’t change a thing about them. From the fights, not talking to each other, parties galore and watching everyone grow into these amazing adults…nope I wouldn’t change a thing.
So, why Flares and Friendships? Well, when you have a stylish friend that you compliment on her look pretty much every time you see her and you’re a lifestyle blogger, then you collaborate for the current trend of Flare Jeans!
Sherrie Q., is a writer, director, actress and co-owner of IKED Entertainment in Los Angeles, Ca. Her style is out of this world, so I had to collab with her on this look. And she made sure not to disappoint from head to toe. You can shop her entire look below and follow her Instagram for style and fitness!
We wanted to give you a few tips on wearing the perfect Flare jeans and how we rock them!
- Flares should be very long. We recommend finding a pair that leave about 1″ from jeans to the ground. For shorter girls, this look will give you the illusion of longer legs.
- Fitted at the hips. Flares that are fitted at the hips and flare out around the mid-calf area will show off those amazing curves you have.
- Shoes with a heel are a must. I personally love a good pair of boots or wedges, but ankle booties, colorful heels and platforms are all perfect to pair with this look.
- Denim on Denim. This look is so chic and perfect. Gives a monochromatic look and simply add a great accessory or handbag to bring the look together.
- Portions are everything. When adding a top, think about the portions. A fitted crop top would look great, as it would show your curves as well as highlight the flare jeans, especially if they are high waisted. Or if a button-down is your thing, leave it tucked in, front tucked or half-tucked.
How do you rock your Flare Jeans? Tell us in the comments!
Don’t forget to signup for our Newsletter…We have some exciting things ahead that you don’t want to miss!
Shop Sherrie’s Look:
- Teal Suede Pumps – Jessica Simpson (Shop Heels.com or DSW)
- Wide Leg Jeans – American Eagle Outfitters
- Long Sleeve Denim Shirt – American Eagle Outfitters
- Earrings – Darrell Roach Designs
- Vintage Necklace – Zoe’s Vintique
- Watch – Fossil
Shop My Look:
- Floppy Hat – Find Similar Here
- Leather Moto Jacket: Target – xhilaration (Similar Here)
- White Tee – Old Navy
- Flare Jeans – Torrid
- Boots – Torrid
- Ring – Forever21(Similar Style Here)
- Necklace – Gifted
This Curvy Girl