As we enter into the spring season, there is this slow transition from the cooler temperatures of the winter to the rainy season of spring that will bring us the beautiful flowers in May. Our makeup looks are starting to transition as well, from the deep sultry looks of winter to the fresh face of spring.
This purple eye look is the perfect transition into Spring without feeling like we are leaving the winter looks too suddenly. The mix of deep and light purples highlights the shape of the eye, while the hint of warmth above the crease brings the look to a cohesive melody.
To keep this look simple and fresh, opt for no liner or liner on the upper lash line only. A brown liner would also work as it would give you the look without the added drama. You could also opted out of false lashes and add a couple of coats of mascara. As seen in the video and photos, I personally went with a more dramatic look with full mink lashes and winged liner, which would be perfect for an evening out.
The lips are the perfect pout for spring. The lips are lined with Chestnut lip pencil from MAC Cosmetics and in the very center of the lips, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Pink Charge was used. The combination gave the perfect rosy nude lip for women of color. See full video for application.
What is your go to lip color for spring?
- MAC E/S in Passionate – http://bit.ly/1qkscPv
- Inglot Freedom System Palette
- NARS Blush in Albatross – http://amzn.to/1RKFu0L
- NYC Liquid Liner – http://amzn.to/1MCxxeY
- Lena Lashes in Grace – http://bit.ly/1kmKqfD
- Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara – http://amzn.to/1SnU2Bb0
- ABH Contour Palette – http://amzn.to/1RrnWIc
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation
- Maybelline Superstay Skin Finish Concealer – http://amzn.to/22QeLIC
- Sacha Buttercup Setting Powder – http://amzn.to/1MCyiEO
- Cargo E/S in Colombia (used as contour) – http://amzn.to/1UtMse5
- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Espresso – http://amzn.to/1SnWFCR
- Covergirl Queen Collection Bronzer in Ebony Bronze – http://amzn.to/1K2ZyHA
- NYX Blush in Cinnamon – http://amzn.to/1RrpDFF
- Becca Cosmetics – Champagne Pop – http://seph.me/1T2Ibwc
- MAC Lip Pencil in Chestnut – http://bit.ly/1Pz4Cay
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lip in Pink Charge – http://amzn.to/22QirtM