Wow…here we are about to go through our July Favorites, which means that August is here. And I couldn’t be happier because it’s my Birthday month. During July I used some new products and rediscovered some oldie but goodies.
I’m going to start with some skin care products since it’s been one of the most important aspects of my regime in July. I had a breakout earlier in the month and needed to give my skin some special attention.
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser. I was looking for something that was moisturizing and deep cleaning to combat dry skin. I was recommended this product by one of the associates at Sephora and it’s been a game changer. I love the foaming action in conjunction with my Clarisonic. My skin doesn’t feel tight after washing, just clean. This cleanser gives me moisture and deep cleaning all in one product. I love it.
- Belief – The True Cream – Aqua Bomb. This weightless moisturizer is amazing. It’s so light yet so moisturizing. I also picked this up from Sephora and I’ve been loving this product. This is my second container, so that should let you know how much I love it. This moisturizer penetrates the skin quickly leaving a healthy glow, supple look and soft to the touch. the beauty of this product is that you can wear it alone or under your foundation without an oily feel.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – This product is another Ipsy find and I’m so glad it came in one of my monthly bags. To be honest, this sat on my counter for a while before I decided to use it. I mentioned earlier that I had a breakout and needed to give my skin some special treatment. One night after being frustrated that I was having this breakout, I decided to use this oil after cleansing. I woke up the next morning and noticed that 50% of my breakout had cleared up. I used this for the next few nights and before I knew it, my skin was clear. This has become a part of my nightly routine and I will be purchasing the regular size bottle soon. The oil is lightweight and absorbs into the skin nicely, leaving behind a radiant look.
Next Up is Hair care! I’ve recently big chopped again and it feels like I’m learning about my natural hair all over again.
- Coconut oil – My hair is loving coconut oil. Before I cut my hair, my hair just didn’t respond to coconut oil. I didn’t see any growth, shine, protection…nothing. So I stopped using it. When I cut my hair, I realized that I didn’t have any oil except for coconut and decided to give it another try. My hair responded. My hair feels moisturized, has shine and I’ve seen some growth.
- Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner – This has been a staple for my natural hair for a while. I love how it makes my hair feel and I love using it as a leave-in. I’ve also used this to deep condition which makes my hair soft and manageable. This product definitely repairs and restores my hair.
- Sponge – When I decided to do the Big Chop, I wanted to try something different with my hair. I’ve never done wash n go’s and rarely did anything to my hair to make my natural curls pop. So this time around I wanted to try and make my natural curls apart of my routine. I wasn’t sure how to achieve curly hair but I’ve seen some videos using this sponge and I was impressed with the results, so I picked one up. During the first few days of my new cut, I used my hands to help my curls pop but when I used the sponge for the first time, my curls were more defined and that’s what I was looking for. I’m still trying to figure out the best method for me but right now, I’m loving the sponge.
Last but certainly not least are my favorite makeup products.
- Doucce Maxlash Volumizer Mascara. All I can say is YASSSS….. First of all, I love the brush on this mascara, it separates the lashes and gives me instant volume. The formula is so good, it doesn’t feel clumpy or too heavy. It’s the perfect consistency for coating each lash. I’ve been wearing this mascara pretty much every day, it’s quickly become my go-to mascara.
- Black-Up Contouring Stick N* 05 – I purchased this product from Sephora a while ago and it sat on my vanity unused. After having the Big Chop done, I wanted to give my face a little more structure and decided to use it. Man, what was I waiting on? I’m in love with this Contour stick. I’ve only used the darker side and it’s been giving me life. It blends out so well and is the perfect shade for my complexion. My only complaint is packaging, not sure if I did something wrong but the stick is a little loose so I have to be careful during use. But that blend and contour…worth the effort.
- Makeup Forever Pro Finish Powder – I may have featured this product before but It’s worth speaking about it again. My daily routine consist of concealer and powder, I don’t use foundation during the week, but this powder gives me a flawless look, good coverage that is light and buildable and perfect for taking away the shine. I’ve used this to finish and set my makeup and I’ve used it on its own to give me a little coverage for those quick errand moments.
Those are my favorites for July. I hope that you enjoyed and checked out the video. If you’ve tried any of these products, comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also, if you’re a summer baby like me, comment below with your birthday so I can wish you a Happy Birthday or a Happy Belated Birthday.
I love you guys and thank you so much. Until next time, Deuces!